Bean Niçoise salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups giant Israeli couscous
- 400g can mixed beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 8 tablespoons light balsamic dressing
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Hard-boil eggs and set to one side to cool. Meanwhile, prepare couscous following packet instructions, then transfer to a large bowl.
2 Peel eggs and halve. To the bowl, add beans, onion and tomatoes. Toss to mix lightly.
3 Add dressing and toss once more. Season with black pepper and parsley. Top with eggs. Serve with a selection of mixed salad greens and sliced spring onion.
Giant couscous is found at your supermarket in the specialist aisle but if it’s unavailable, use regular couscous or quinoa.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..