Chickpea and tomato curry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 420g can chopped tomatoes*
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, grated
- fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Fry until golden. Add spices and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas. Coat in spices then add tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Add ginger and stir well. Serve garnished with coriander (if using).
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Ingredient : Chickpeas
Make this curry in advance to allow flavours to mingle, then reheat when ready to serve.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..