Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 225g slab sponge cake, cut in to 24 cubes
- 1 cup ready-made lime jelly, roughly chopped
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla custard
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Place one-third of the sponge into a 5-cup capacity glass trifle bowl. Spoon half the jelly over sponge.
2 Top with half the kiwifruit, one-third of the custard, and half the remaining sponge. Repeat layering, ending with sponge cake, then custard. Sprinkle nuts over top. Serve.
We used Ernest Adams unfilled sponge with 3.6% fat. Use a similarly low-fat sponge.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..