- 115g prawns
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons juice
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/3 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1/4 cups liquid chicken stock
- 3 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Place prawns in a dish and sprinkle with coriander, lemon juice and half the curry powder. Set aside to marinate.
2 Place onion and garlic in a microwave-proof bowl with oil. Cook on high for about 1 minute.
3 Add remaining curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Stir in rice with 1 cup of boiling stock. Cook on high for 4 minutes, stirring twice.
4 Add mushrooms and cook for 1 more minute on high, stirring halfway through. Add prawns. Cook on high for 2 minutes.
5 Add peas. Stir well and cook for a final 2 minutes. Serve with fresh coriander and low-fat yoghurt.NOTE: All timings are guidelines only as individual microwaves will vary slightly.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free curry powder and stock.
Click here for some handy microwave tips.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..