Orange cake with vanilla drizzle
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100g reduced-fat spread, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons vanilla essence
- 100ml trim milk
- 1 tablespoon Sugromax sweetener
- 1 orange, zest, finely grated
- Vanilla drizzle
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- water, to mix
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Heat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a loaf tin with a little reduced-fat spread.
- Sieve flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add melted spread, eggs, banana, vanilla and milk. Mix well. Add Sugromax and orange zest, stirring briefly. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- To make vanilla drizzle, in a small bowl mix icing sugar and vanilla with enough cold water to form a thin paste. Drizzle over cooled cake and serve. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or freeze without drizzle.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and baking powder (or gluten-free baking mix).
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..