Sautéed winter cabbage
- cooking oil spray
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cabbage, trimmed, finely sliced
- 1 red apple, cored, quartered, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Total fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Spray a frying pan with oil. Cook onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cabbage and cook for 10 minutes, tossing frequently. Add apple and cook, tossing, for 5 minutes. Add vinegar and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve seasoned with pepper, if preferred.
Make it a meal: Serve with grilled lean pork chops or lamb steaks.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..