Fresh bean and lentil salad
- 250g dried puy or brown lentils
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g green beans, halved, blanched
- 100g snow peas, halved, blanched
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 400g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Place lentils in a pan with rosemary, celery and garlic. Pour over 1 litre water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender.
2 Drain lentils and place in a large bowl. Set aside to cool.
3 Stir in beans, peas, spring onions and tomatoes. Season with black pepper.
4 Mix oil and balsamic together and drizzle over salad. Toss lightly. Top with parmesan cheese to serve (optional).
To blanch vegetables, place in a heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over. Leave for several minutes. Drain and plunge in cold water. Use as required.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..