Herby green rice salad
- 1 1/2 cups whole grain rice
- 100g snow peas, halved, blanched
- 150g broad beans, lightly cooked
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley and coriander mix
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 green apple, cored, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 tablespoons apple juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Cook rice following packet directions. Drain. Cool.
2 Once cold, add vegetables, fruit and nuts. Toss to mix.
3 Mix dressing ingredients together. Pour dressing over vegetables. Toss, season and serve.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..