Marinated tofu with cashews
- 300g firm tofu
- 6 tablespoons sweet chilli, ginger and soy marinade (we used Kikkomans)
- 200g rice noodles
- oil spray
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, chopped (spring onion, red capsicum, celery, sugar snap peas)
- 1/4 cup cashews
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Cut tofu in small chunks and toss in marinade. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Plunge noodles in boiling water and leave for 2 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat a frying pan for a few minutes with a little oil spray. Add tofu. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add vegetables. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cashews. Spoon noodles into bowls. Top with tofu stir-fry. Serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of tofu and marinade.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..