Vege patties with herbed yoghurt
- 400g kumara, peeled, chopped
- 2 x 300g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yoghurt
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Boil kumara for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Add chickpeas, ground coriander, paprika, breadcrumbs and half the fresh coriander. Mash well to combine.
2 Shape 1/2 cupfuls of mixture into 8 patties. Spray with oil. Cook in a non-stick pan over a medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
3 Meanwhile, combine mint, yoghurt and remaining fresh coriander in a bowl. Serve 2 patties with a dollop of herbed yoghurt.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..