Brilliant banana bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (eg. rice bran)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups Healtheries Simple Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
Total fat 0.00g
Saturated fat 0.00g
Dietary fibre 0.00g
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a 28cm spring form tin or two 22cm loaf tins.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and oil together until pale and creamy (about 3 minutes on high). Add vanilla and bananas, beat again until well combined.
- In another bowl, sift togther the baking mix and soda. Add to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into the tin/s.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Cool in tin/s for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.
Store wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to five days. This bread also freezes well.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..