Choy sum with soy and ginger dressing
- 2 bunches choy sum
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Remove stems from choy sum. Cut stems and leaves in half.
- Blanch or steam stems and leaves until tender-crisp. Rinse under cold running water and drain well. Arrange choy sum on a serving platter.
- Heat remaining ingredients in a saucepan over a high heat. Carefully pour hot dressing over and serve.
- Use spinach or silver beet if you don't have choy sum.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tamari instead of soy sauce.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..