- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 18 chocolate buttons, halved
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 36 mini-muffin holes with paper cases (or make 3 batches with a 12-hole tin). Combine flour, cocoa and sugar in a large bowl. Add egg, yoghurt, banana and oil. Stir until just combined.
- Divide mixture among paper cases. Press a chocolate button half into each muffin. Bake for 15 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Using macadamia oil will add a richer, slightly nutty flavour.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..