Roasted vegetable quinoa salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 red capiscums, halved
- 1 yellow capsicum, halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable stock (make with 3 teaspoons stock powder)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, roughly torn
- 6 tablespoons balsamic dressing (make a dressing using 3 parts balsamic to 1 part olive oil)
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place vegetables in a lightly greased ovenproof dish. Spray with oil and cook in oven. Remove tomatoes after 10 minutes, cook other vegetables for 25 minutes or until darkened at the edges. Remove from oven and place capsicums in a bag. Leave to cool slightly.
2 Meanwhile, place quinoa in saucepan. Pour over stock and add some fresh herbs, if preferred. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
3 Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 12-15 minutes until all water has been absorbed. Stand for 5 minutes before fluffing up with a fork.
4 Spoon quinoa into a bowl. Peel capsicum and chop roughly. Add to quinoa with roasted tomatoes, roasted onion, basil and dressing. Toss lightly and serve warm.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..