Baby spinach and roast tomato risotto
- 375g cherry tomatoes
- oil spray
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups (100g) baby spinach
- 1 lemon, 1 1/2 tablespoons juice and 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray tomatoes with oil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine stock and 2 cups water in a saucepan over a high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until needed.
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until soft. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add one ladle of stock. When absorbed, add another ladle, continuing until all stock absorbed.
- Add spinach and lemon juice to rice. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until spinach wilts. Remove from heat. Stir in two-thirds of the tomatoes. Divide risotto among bowls and top with the remaining tomatoes and lemon zest.
- In step 1, replace tomatoes with 500g diced pumpkin (roasted for 20 minutes).
- Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..