Braised leeks with mustard sauce
- 3 leeks, washed, white and light-green parts only
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- finely chopped fresh chives, to serve
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Remove tough outer leaves from leeks and discard. Cut each leek in 4 even-sized pieces. Place thyme and stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add leeks. Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes until almost tender.
- Uncover and simmer for 10 more minutes or until liquid has reduced. Use a slotted spoon to transfer leeks to a serving dish. Discard thyme. Whisk mustard with stock and drizzle over leeks. Serve sprinkled with chives.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and mustard are gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..