Kumara, rocket and asparagus frittata
- 350g kumara, peeled, cut in 3cm pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut in 4cm lengths
- oil spray
- 2 cups baby rocket
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Cook kumara in a saucepan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender, adding asparagus to pan for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well.
- Preheat grill to high. Spray a large, ovenproof frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add kumara, asparagus and rocket. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until rocket wilts.
- Whisk together eggs and milk. Pour eggs into frying pan over kumura mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat or until frittata is almost set. Sprinkle with cheese and place under preheated grill for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and just set. Cut in quarters.
Get creative with vegetables in this recipe! Carrots, spring onions, cauliflower, spinach... use seasonal veges to lower the cost per serve.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..