Quick tuna and rice salad
- 95g can lemon-pepper-flavoured tuna
- 1/2 packet 90-second brown rice, cooked (we used Sun Rice)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- chilli flakes (optional)
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 In a large bowl, combine tuna, rice, spinach, tomato and capsicum. Mix well.
2 Add lemon juice and oil. Gently mix to combine. Add chilli flakes if preferred.
- This salad works well with other canned fish such as sardines and salmon, and other types of salad greens such as rocket, watercress and mesclun.
- Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free tuna.
This salad makes a fantastic take-to-work lunch.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..