White bean salad with sardines
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 x 420g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 106g can sardines in spring water, drained
- 1 cup salad greens (such as spinach, rocket, mesclun)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Combine beans, tomato, lemon juice, olive oil, chilli (if using) and radish in a bowl. Mix well.
2 Add sardines and salad greens. Toss together well. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve.
Lightly-toasted grainy bread roll
If you don’t like sardines, try this salad with canned tuna, salmon or chicken.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..