Tofu and cashew nut stir-fry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or canola oil
- 1 onion, cut in wedges
- 1 large (750g) packet frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 400g udon noodles
- 300-400g tofu, chopped in large cubes
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashew nuts
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Heat oil in a wok. Add onion and cook over a high heat for a couple of minutes. Add vegetables and stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
2 Add noodles. Mix well and heat over a lower heat for a few minutes before adding tofu. Stir carefully while heating for another few minutes.
3 Add soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. If you want to use less of these sauces, add 1-2 tablespoons water to the mix to get the sauce to the right consistency. Add cashew nuts and stir through just before serving.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 15 Minutes
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of noodles, tofu, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..