- oil spray, to grease
- 11/3 cups reduced-fat spread suitable for baking
- 1/2 cup castor sugar plus 2 extra tablespoons
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease a 22cm-round cake tin with cooking spray and line base with grease-proof paper.
- Place spread in a bowl and add sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl sieve flour and cornflour together with cinnamon (if using). Fold into the creamed mixture. Using hands, shape mixture into a dough and knead until smooth.
- Place in prepared tin and flatten out to cover the surface. Level surface with the back of a spoon and prick with a fork. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes then mark out even-sized pieces with a knife. Sprinkle with the remaining castor sugar.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..