Carrot and cumin dip
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat N/S
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Cut carrots in thin slices. Boil until soft then mash roughly with orange juice and yoghurt.
2 Cool slightly then add chilli, cumin and garlic. Taste and adjust seasoning. Garnish with coriander and serve with crackers and vegetables.
Crackers and/or dippable veges such as spring onions, snow peas, cherry tomatoes, mini carrots celery sticks
- You may wish to add more spice if you like very spicy food.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free yoghurt.
- Once you have made up this dip, it is important to taste and then adjust the seasoning. Check seasoning again before serving.
- This dip is best eaten on the day it is made.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..