- 2 apples
- 7cm piece fresh ginger (optional)
- 6 large carrots
- 6 slices peeled fresh pineapple (ask an adult for help) or 6 canned pineapple rings
- 24 raisins
- 1 orange
Total fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Wash and peel apples and ginger (if using). Wash carrots and cut off green ends. Grate apples, ginger and carrots. Toss in a salad bowl.
- Cube pineapple and add to salad with raisins.
- Cut orange in half. Squeeze out both halves over salad ingredients, stir then serve.
For a less sweet salad to serve with a main meal, leave out raisins and ginger.
If the carrots are big with thick peels, scrape peel off with a knife before grating.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..