Lemon and coconut slice
(Hands-on time: 15 mins)
- 75g reduced-fat spread
- 300g lite sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 150g crushed arrowroot biscuits 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Line a 17cm x 27cm slice tin with non-stick baking paper. Microwave spread and condensed milk in a microwave-proof bowl, using 50% power setting, for 2 minutes until spread has melted. Quickly stir in lemon juice and zest then mix well until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients and pour lemon mixture on top. Mix well and press into slice tin.
- Combine icing ingredients then drizzle over slice base.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until slice is completely set. Cut into 20 slices. Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..