Nectarine and plum compote
- 2 nectarines
- 6 plums
- 225ml orange juice
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sugar apricot jam
- 2-3 teaspoons cornflour
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat N/S
Dietary fibre 2g
- Remove stones then slice nectarines and plums. Place in a saucepan with orange juice, ginger and jam. Cook over a gentle heat until jam becomes liquid and fruit becomes soft and tender.
- Mix cornflour with a little of the hot liquid to form a paste. Return to saucepan and stir until mixture is thickened. Serve.
Use peaches and apricots instead of nectarines and plums.
- Vary the compote thickness by adding less or more cornflour.
- Served with low-fat yoghurt, this compote is perfect for breakfast.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..