Peanut banana ice cream
Time to make: 10 mins , plus 2 hrs freezing
Total cost: $ 12.00 / $ 2.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter with no salt or sugar added
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Peel bananas then mash in a large mixing bowl.
2 Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix until mixture is smooth.
3 Spoon mixture into small bowls or cups and freeze for 2 hours. Serve this yummy frozen treat on its own, or with in-season berries.
- Use salt-free almond butter instead of peanut butter.
- As a special treat, add 4 teaspoons chocolate chips just before freezing.
- This ice cream also makes a tasty sandwich filling (but don’t freeze it).
- What is peanut butter made of? If you said crushed peanuts, think again. Some manufacturers add oil, salt, sugar and preservatives so check the ingredients list.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..