Sweet and sour sesame chicken burgers
- oil spray
- 3 skinless chicken breasts (550g), cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 wholemeal bread buns
- 2 cups fresh spinach, rinsed
- 1/2 cup sliced beetroot
- 2 carrots, cut in strips
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
- Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan. Fry chicken for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add honey and soy sauce. Fry until sauce begins to bubble and thicken. Remove from heat, scatter with sesame seeds and set aside.
- Cut buns in half. Layer with spinach, beetroot slices and carrots. Top with chicken. Drizzle a small amount of sauce on top of each burger before serving.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of kecap manis and bread buns.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..