Vegetarian sausages with balsamic onions and pea mash
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 600g potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup trim milk
- 8 vegetarian sausages
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
- To make balsamic onions, spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until slightly caramelised. Add capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add balsamic and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 more minutes or until caramelised.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes, adding peas in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well, return to saucepan and add milk. Mash until smooth and keep warm.
- Cook sausages following packet directions. Divide mash and sausages among serving plates and top with balsamic onions.
Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Fresh, inspiring and healthy vegetarian recipes to help you maintain a balanced diet while living meat free. Our vegetarian recipes are full of goodness and perfect for vegetarians and people wanting to enjoy a meal without meat.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sausages.
Photographer: Mark O'Meara
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..