Lentil, mushroom and ricotta lasagne
- oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 500g extra-light ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 sheets fresh lasagne
- 1/4 cup finely grated fresh parmesan
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Heat a large, heavy-based saucepan with oil spray over a medium-low heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables soften. Add garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and lentils and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray a large pan with oil. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until slightly soft. Season and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly oil a 2L ovenproof dish. Combine ricotta, egg, milk and nutmeg in a bowl.
- To assemble lasagne, place 1 lasagne sheet in the base of the prepared dish. Top with one-third of the lentil mixture, scatter over one-third of the mushrooms and smooth over one-third of the ricotta mixture. Repeat these steps. Top with one-third lasagne sheet, the remaining lentils and mushrooms then a fourth lasagne sheet and finally the remaining ricotta. Sprinkle over parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden and bubbling. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Make it gluten free: Check tomato paste and ground nutmeg are gluten free. Use gluten-free lasagne sheets.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..