Chicken and mushroom filo pies
Time to make: 25 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
Total cost: $ 9.00 / $ 0.90 per serve
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 5 sheets filo pastry
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat spread, melted
- 1 1/2 cups white button mushrooms, chopped
- 100g skinless boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup cooked spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced liquid chicken stock
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre N/S
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 10 holes of a 12-hole muffin pan with oil spray. Cut filo pastry sheets in half. Take 1 sheet and spread with melted spread, fold over, spread with spread and fold again so it is a quarter of the size. Fit into muffin pan hole and repeat until all 10 are filled with
a filo basket. Cover with a damp tea towel to avoid drying out.
2 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Add mushrooms and chicken and stir until cooked. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well until sauce is thickened and ingredients combined.
3 Divide filling among filo baskets then place in oven for 10-15 minutes until filo is golden.
These are best eaten on the day of baking.
All rights reserved
Reproduction without permission prohibited
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..