Chocolate chip peanut butter cookies
- 1 cup no-added-salt no-added-sugar smooth peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 85g dark chocolate chips
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine peanut butter, egg, vanilla essence, sugar and baking soda in a bowl. Mix well. Add chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Using hands, shape teaspoonfuls of mixture in balls and place on tray about 5cm apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned on top. Allow to sit on tray for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.
You can use white, milk or dark chocolate chips in these cookies. Or use 1/2 cup raisins or chopped dried apricots instead of the chocolate chips.
For a real treat, make ice-cream sandwiches with two cookies and a small scoop of low-fat vanilla ice-cream.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..