Rosemary roasted pear bruschetta
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 3 small or 2 large pears, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/4 loaf ciabatta or sourdough bread
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn
- 40-50g blue cheese
- 4 handfuls baby rocket
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine rosemary, honey, balsamic, wine and pears in a small roasting or casserole dish. Cook in oven for 40 minutes, stirring a couple of times to evenly coat pears.
- Remove and set aside pears and discard rosemary. Transfer syrup to a small pot. Boil syrup for 3-5 minutes until reduced and syrupy.
- Lower oven temperature to 160°C. Cut bread in very thin slices (about 0.5cm) and bake for 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
- To serve place a handful of rocket on each plate. Arrange 3 slices toasted bread on top and top with pears, prosciutto and crumble over some blue cheese. Drizzle a little red wine syrup around the plate.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check bacon is gluten free.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..