Baked fish and chips with lemon yoghurt
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 700g orange kumara, unpeeled, cut in 2cm-thick chips
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 400g firm white fish fillets, cut in 2cm-thick strips
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 8 cups mixed salad greens plus a little vinaigrette
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Arrange kumara on 1 prepared tray and spray with oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, lightly beat egg in a shallow bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Place flour on a plate and breadcrumbs on another plate. Dip each piece of fish into flour then egg mixture then breadcrumbs. Place on prepared tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until fish is golden and cooked through and kumara are tender.
3 Meanwhile, combine rind, juice and yoghurt in a small bowl. Serve fish with kumara chips, lemon yoghurt, salad and lemon wedges (if preferred).
Makeover! You save…
34g total fat
3g sat fat
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..