Glass noodle beef salad
- 400g eye fillet beef steak
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups mung bean shoots
- 2 carrots, cut in matchsticks
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup combined roughly chopped fresh mint and fresh coriander
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Marinate steak in soy sauce, chilli and garlic for 20 minutes.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and pour over enough boiling water to just cover. Steep for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a colander, cut noodles with scissors to make them more manageable to eat.
- Heat a griddle pan or barbecue and cook steak for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and rest for 5 minutes before slicing finely.
- Fold sliced beef and vegetables through noodles. Combine olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix through salad.
- Add herbs just before serving.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..