Salmon and garden greens self-crusting quiche
Time to make: 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
Total cost: $ 17.12 / $ 4.28 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- 1/4 cup dried instant polenta or fine semolina
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cups diced green vegetables such as green beans, courgettes, celery
- 1 cup mixed peas and corn
- 1/4 cup combined chopped fresh dill and fresh chives
- 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 100g hot smoked salmon or 1 small can red salmon in spring water, drained
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C if fan-forced.
2 Line a 20cm spring-form baking tin with baking paper.
3 In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk and polenta.
4 Stir through the remaining ingredients and pour into prepared tin.
5 Bake for 30-40 minutes until puffed and golden. Cool for 5 minutes before turning out.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..