Apple and boysenberry gluten-free bake
- oil spray
- 125g reduced-fat spread
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup Healtheries Simple Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 1/2 cups cooked cubed apples
- 1 cup boysenberries, frozen or canned (if canned, drain)
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a baking tray with oil.
- In a large bowl beat spread and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in eggs. Mix in all the remaining ingredients except boysenberries until well combined.
- Fold through berries and pour into prepared baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool then slice.
Keeps for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..