- 8 chicken pieces, eg. 4 thighs, 4 drumsticks, skin removed
- 3 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 oranges, juice, plus grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced
- chicken stock powder mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup raisins or 1/2 cup prunes, chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes (depending on taste)
- 2 carrots, chopped in large slices
- 1 red capsicum, cut in chunks
- 3 tablespoons cornflour mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups green beans (frozen or fresh)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Turn slow cooker on to low.Mix chicken and Moroccan seasoning together. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add chicken and brown on both sides. Add to slow cooker.
- Add orange juice, orange zest, honey, liquid stock, raisins, cinnamon stick, chilli flakes, carrots and capsicum. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is cooked.
- Stir cornflour paste into slow cooker mixture along with beans. Cook for 30 more minutes.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..