Lemon and thyme pork with cabbage salad
- 4 x 125g lean pork medallions
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- oil spray
- 4 cups savoy or white cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons fat-free French dressing
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted
- 2 mountain bread wraps or light wraps, halved
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Sprinkle both sides of pork with lemon zest and thyme. Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook pork for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
2 Meanwhile, combine cabbage, carrots, apple, parsley, pumpkin seeds, dressing and mustard in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
3 Divide salad among serving plates and sprinkle with pecans. Top with pork. Serve with wrap.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free wraps and check dressing and mustard are gluten free.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..