(Hands-on time: 5 mins)
Total cost: $ 2.80 / $ 0.28 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 10 wholegrain crackers, crushed (such as Huntley & Palmers Wholegrain Crackers)
- 1/3 cup no-added-salt-or-sugar smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped dried fruit such as apricots or raisins
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 10g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Place crushed crackers in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Divide mixture into 10 even-sized pieces. Form into balls then place on a greaseproof paper-covered tray. Chill for 20 minutes before serving.
- Store chilled in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free crackers.
These cookies are great for the kids to make and to have as a sweet treat.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..