Chilli and lemon prawn linguine
- 250g dried linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 chilli, deseeded, finely diced
- 400g prawns, tails on, peeled, de-veined
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus extra, to garnish
- 20 stalks asparagus, trimmed
- 2 bunches broccolini or 4 cups (370g) broccoli florets
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add prawns and cook for 3-4 more minutes or until prawns turn pink and are almost cooked through.
- Add cooked pasta, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and parsley to pan. Cook, tossing, for 1 minute or until combined and prawns are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blanch asparagus and broccolini in a saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender-crisp. Drain then dress with the remaining oil and 1 more tablespoon lemon juice.
- Serve pasta with asparagus and broccolini on the side and garnish with extra parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..