Claire’s oaty honey-nut bites
(Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 8 mins)
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons linseeds or sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1/2 cup no-added-salt-or-sugar smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Place oil, honey and peanut butter in a saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir well. Add beaten egg to mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place at equal distances apart on prepared tray and bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely then store in an airtight container.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..