Bean and avocado quesadillas
- 8 extra-light tortillas
- 1/4 cup extra-light spreadable cream cheese
- 420g can chilli beans
- 200g spicy guacamole spread
- 1 chargrilled capsicum, cut in thin strips
- 4 cups baby rocket
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 12g
- Spread each tortilla evenly with cheese. Set 4 aside. Top each of the other 4 tortillas with a quarter of the beans and guacamole and season with black pepper. Place remaining tortillas, cheese side down, over beans and avocado to make 4 quesadillas. Press each quesadilla down firmly.
- Preheat a sandwich press. Cook quesadillas in batches for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a heatproof board. Cut each quesadilla in quarters and divide among serving plates.
- Serve quesadillas topped with capsicum strips and rocket.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free torillas and check beans are gluten free.
Cook quesadillas in a large frying pan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes each side if you don’t have a sandwich press.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..