Kumara-topped mince pie
Time to make: 25 mins , plus making base mixes
Total cost: $ 24.00 / $ 6.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 1 quantity of Spicy mince mix (see tip)
- 1 portion of Basic roasted vege mix (see tip)
- 1 quantity of Roasted orange kumara (see tip)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- To serve
- 3 cups chopped carrots, steamed
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 15g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Mix mince and roasted veges together and place in an ovenproof dish or small dishes.
2 Mix the kumara with pepper, herbs and ginger and roughly mash. Spoon onto the mince to cover. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with steamed carrots and fresh chopped herbs.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Ingredient : Beetroot, Capsicum, peppers, Carrots, Corn, Ginger - crushed, minced, purée, paste, Herbs - dried, lightly dried, Kumara, sweet potato, Mince, Mushrooms, Oil, oil spray, Onions, Parsley, Parsnips, Passata, Pepper, peppercorns, Potatoes, Quinoa, Red onions, Seasoning mix, seasoning paste, spice mix, Spices - dried, ground, seeds, flakes, Stock, Tomato paste, Wine
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
All rights reserved
Reproduction without permission prohibited
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..