Kumara-topped mince pie
Time to make: 25 mins , plus making base mixes
Total cost: $ 24.00 / $ 6.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 quantity of Spicy mince mix (see tip)
- 1 portion of Basic roasted vege mix (see tip)
- 1 quantity of Roasted orange kumara (see tip)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- To serve
- 3 cups chopped carrots, steamed
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 15g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Mix mince and roasted veges together and place in an ovenproof dish or small dishes.
2 Mix the kumara with pepper, herbs and ginger and roughly mash. Spoon onto the mince to cover. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with steamed carrots and fresh chopped herbs.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 25 Minutes
- Ingredient : Beetroot, Capsicum, peppers, Carrots, Corn, Ginger - crushed, minced, purée, paste, Herbs - dried, lightly dried, Kumara, sweet potato, Mince, Mushrooms, Oil, oil spray, Onions, Parsley, Parsnips, Passata, Pepper, peppercorns, Potatoes, Quinoa, Red onions, Seasoning mix, seasoning paste, spice mix, Spices - dried, ground, seeds, flakes, Stock, Tomato paste, Wine
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..