Lamb with sage and kumara mash
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 700g kumara, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 4 x 150g lamb cutlets or loin chops, fat trimmed
- oil spray
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat spread
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh sage
- 6 cups steamed carrots, sugar snap peas and green beans
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Cook kumara in a pot of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add stock and mash kumara until smooth.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray lamb cutlets with oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Add to pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare or cook to your liking. Place on a warm plate, cover with tinfoil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add spread to pan and heat until melted. Add sage and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Drizzle over lamb. Serve with mash and vegetables.
Browse hundreds of recipes with a gluten-free option. Easy and healthy gluten free meals, delicious cakes and desserts. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Improve your energy levels and resistance with a balanced, iron rich diet. Our huge collection of healthy, iron-boosting recipes are as tasty as they are easy to make. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Photographer: Mark O'Meara
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..