Passionfruit panna cotta
- 2 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 1 cup dark-blue-top milk
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla essence
- 250g low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- oil spray
- 2 passionfruit, pulp
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Place 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl and slowly sprinkle gelatine over water. Stand for 10 minutes to allow gelatine to soften.
- Meanwhile, place milk, sugar and vanilla bean paste in a small saucepan. Cook over a low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar, until mixture just starts to simmer. Remove from heat and add gelatine mixture. Whisk until gelatine dissolves. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk yoghurt into gelatine mixture until well combined. Lightly spray 4 x 1/2-cup dariole moulds or small teacups with oil. Divide mixture among moulds. Cover then refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
- When ready to serve run a dampened finger around the edge of panna cotta. Carefully turn on one side to create an air pocket then turn out onto serving plates. Drizzle with passionfruit pulp before serving.
Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt is gluten free.
Plastic dariole moulds work best with this recipe. Or, if using teacups, dip cup in hot water before turning out.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..