Nutrition Info.(per serve)
4 tablespoons plum sauce
2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
4 tablespoons peanut butter
4 cups roasted chicken flesh, shredded
1 cup fresh sweet basil
4 small cucumbers, sliced in long strips with a potato peeler
4 carrots, grated
2 capsicums, sliced
8 sheets rice paper (approx 210mm diameter)
1 bunch fresh chives
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 In a bowl stir plum sauce, soy sauce and peanut butter together then add meat pieces. In another bowl, combine basil, cucumbers, carrots and capsicums.
2 Pour very warm water into a soup plate. Gently place one wrapper at a time in the water and wait 30 seconds until it softens. Lift it out and place on a cutting board.
3 Spoon some chicken onto the wrapper. Add a handful of vegetables. Gather then twist the edges of the ‘wrapper’ together and tie a chive around the neck to make a money bag. Repeat with the other wrappers.
- You can use lettuce or rocket leaves instead of basil.
- For variety, add a coarsely grated apple or 1/2 cup sliced raw mushrooms.
- This dish also works well with smoked fish and tofu.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and check plum sauce is gluten free.
- The water used to soften wrappers must be very warm but not so hot that it burns your fingers.
- If you have trouble tying up the edges, simply fold the wrapper and tie the chive around it, like a Christmas present.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..