Anne’s vegan bolognese
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, finely chopped
- handful fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 420g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
- Cook rice following packet directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add thyme and walnuts. Cook for two minutes then add lentils and mash slightly with a potato masher. Add tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach and combine, cooking until spinach is wilted. Season with pepper then serve with brown rice.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..