Tomato and herb lamb shanks
- oil spray
- 6 lamb shanks
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 700ml jar passata
- 415g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups liquid salt-reduced beef stock
- 2 green capsicums, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups frozen peas
- 5 cups cooked mashed potato, to serve
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. When hot add lamb shanks and sprinkle with mixed herbs, turning until all sides are browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients except peas, potato and parsley with lamb shanks in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Add peas for the final 30 minutes.
- In serving bowls serve shank and sauce on top of mashed potato. Garnish with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check passata and stock are gluten free.
Healthy Food Guide
Read more about this chef..