Ginger and cream sandwiches
- at least 10-hole muffin tin or baking tray/container with paper cases (to keep sandwiches upright when freezing)
- 1/2 cup instant black coffee made with 1 tablespoon coffee granules
- 150g vanilla frûche
- 150g extra-light cream cheese spread
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 20 ginger nut biscuits
Total fat 3g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
- Make up coffee and leave to cool slightly. To make filling, mix vanilla frûche and cream cheese together with cinnamon (if using). Prepare tin or plastic cases.
- Dunk each biscuit in coffee for a few seconds. Sandwich 2 biscuits together with cream then place each in a muffin-tin hole. Freeze for at least 3 hours until solid. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
You can add a little rum for something extra special: use half rum and half coffee.
These sandwiches can be frozen for up to 2 days.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..