Chicken rice salad
Time to make: 20 mins , plus making base mixes
Total cost: $ 26.00 / $ 6.50 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 portion Basic coleslaw mix (see tip)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- oil spray
- 1 portion Basic herby chicken mix (see tip)
- 1/3 cup dried dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 bulb roasted garlic (see tip), broken in cloves
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup oil-free French dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 From stored mixes, add dressing to Basic coleslaw mix and toss to combine. Cook rice following packet directions. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan with oil and cook chicken until lightly golden.
2 Drain rice and place in a serving bowl. Add coleslaw with dates, walnuts, apple, garlic, tomatoes and dressing. Toss. Top with chicken and serve with parsley.
- Servings : 4
- Ready in : 20 Minutes
- Ingredient : Apples, Cabbage, Capsicum, peppers, Carrots, Chicken, Chillies - fresh, Coriander, Dates, Dressing, Garlic - fresh, Herbs - fresh, Lemons, Mint, Oil, oil spray, Parsley, Pepper, peppercorns, Red onions, Rice, Salt, Spring onions, green onions, Sugars, Sultanas, Tomatoes - fresh, Vinegars, Walnuts
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..